Wednesday, November 4, 2020
All times are listed in the Eastern time zone.
9:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Workshop A: Build a Creative Content Strategy . . . From Start to Finish
Steve & Cindy Crescenzo, Crescenzo Communications
Most communicators don’t have a solid content strategy for building out great stories, videos, podcasts, and social media campaigns. Instead, they tend to react to things as they happen. That leads to a scattershot approach to content, and communicators end up just “checking boxes” and pushing stuff out. Well . . . that doesn’t work. Not these days, when getting someone’s attention has never been harder. In this new Webinar, which is filled with practical examples from real-life companies, Steve and Cindy Crescenzo will how you how to:
- Identify the content categories you should be proactively focusing on . . . every quarter
- Build an editorial plan that keeps you on track . . . and on leadership’s radar
- A foolproof way to make sure that every major piece of content you create is linked to the organization’s strategic objectives
- Identify the right channel or channels for a particular piece of content or campaign . . . including how to massage the content for multi-channel campaigns when necessary
- A system for double checking that the right messages are going to the right audiences
- Some ammunition you can use to give yourself the time you need to create great content (yes, you can“do less and do it better.”
- A field-tested, five-step system for building content that is strategic, creative, audience-centric, and compelling
- Some quick tips and tricks for measuring the success of each piece of major content you create
12:30 – 2:30 p.m.
Workshop B: DIY Internal Communications Audit
Priya Bates, President, Inner Strength Communication Inc.
Communication strategies should always begin with research, but what if you don’t have the funds to hire an external agency to audit your internal communication efforts or you’d simply like to understand the process and build your research skills?
Full Description As an increased communication focus turns to the internal audience – employees, members, or partners – communication professionals must be able to use research effectively to influence employees and leaders to drive real impact. The data tells a story and positions you as the expert. Takeaways: Set clear goals and objectives that are aligned to business results Learn the basic elements of an internal communication audit Understand tips and tricks for analyzing the data and results With a supporting handbook, Communication Professionals will learn the step-by-step process to conduct their own audit, understand skills needed, know what questions to ask and know when to enlist support internally or externally. Data and research provides an important foundation to lead more strategic conversations with colleagues and executives and most importantly teaches communication professionals about the necessity to listen first and plan before taking orders and delivering tactics.
This is a mid-level workshop with the following learning objectives:
- The importance of research as the first step to solving business problems. Learn why methodology that starts with research elevates your conversations and helps solve business problems with communication solutions.
- Understanding your WHY. The importance of having a purpose for research so that you ask the right questions to the right people in order to build stakeholder engagement from executives to employees.
- Tips and Tricks to ensure you conduct a comprehensive assessment that helps you recommend the right solutions backed up by data.
- Build courage to measure and hold yourself accountable to results.